Monday, August 6, 2012

Coconut Oil...Who Knew?!?

 


I love it! Why? Well, let me introduce you to the many hats of Mr. Coconut Oil:
1. Moisturizer (face, body, lips, it's even safe for babies)
2. Cooking Oil (It's REALLY healthy! I'm talkin' improves your metabolism and your thyroid function. What?!? Use it instead of veggie or canola oil.)
3. Protectant and healing for cuts and sores.
4. A staple for a lot of my homemade bath and body products. (That list will be shared later)

The list of 101 uses goes on and on. But that sold me. Plus it smells yummy!

You can buy many different brands of coconut oil at most grocery stores. They will have it in the health and wellness section and in the cooking oil section. But make sure you get the organic, cold pressed, virgin coconut oil. Other wise you might as well rub Crisco on your face. It will be pure white and smell coco-nutty. I have been using it on my face twice a day for a year. It does not make me break out and I'm prone to breakouts.

Try it and let me know how you like it!

Mandy


5 comments:

  1. Where do you get your coconut oil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get mine at the grocery store in the cooking oils section. There is usually just a few jars. It might also be in the natural/wellness section.

      Delete
    2. Also, I have ordered it online in bulk. Check Vitacost.com if you can't find it at your grocery store.

      Delete
  2. For the moisturizer, do you put the coconut oil straight on your face or do you mix with anything else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put it straight on my face. For eye cream I mix it with Vitamin E oil. But you don't have to. It is awesome for your whole body.

      Delete